Affilorama – A Review – Scam or Wham Bam Thank You Ma’am
What is Affilorama?
Affilorama is a training website for beginners in affiliate marketing, it has a large online community of affiliates and was founded in 2005 by Mark Ling. Mark Ling is an esteemed affiliate marketer who is known for creating other successful products such as ‘Jamorama’ and ‘Rocket Piano’.
The marketing course covers everything there is to know about affiliate marketing and gives step-by-step instructions on how to run an affiliate marketing campaign. There is a variety of different business models to choose from and training provided with each one. Affilorama offers a fast track way into affiliate marketing. It suitable for both beginners and any of those interested in making money online through affiliate marketing.
The Affiliate Marketer community
Mark Ling will contribute occasionally to the online message boards, but most of the time it isn’t him answering your questions. All levels of membership have access to the large community of affiliate marketers who are keen to answer your questions and offer advice. However they are not always present and so there is a fairly short delay, sometimes it takes a couple days for a response, but often this allows for a more in-depth answer.
Affilorama basically saves you from having to do a lot of research on affiliate marketing from numerous external sources as it offers every known secret to becoming a successful affiliate marketer all in one place. It teaches you the basics like setting up a website, to the more complex promotional methods.
It’s Premium membership costs $67 per month and this is where most of the information is held. The premium package includes training, software, limited hosting, and forum access.
In the Blog Bootcamp, you will learn:
- How to choose a profitable niche
- How to setup a WordPress blog
- How to register a domain
- 2 methods for getting backlinks quickly
- Expert strategies for link building
- Keyword research
- How find article writers
- How to place articles and reviews on your blog
- How to find and how to create attractive affiliate graphics
- How to create, track and cloak an affiliate link
- How to add an opt-in page to your site and create an autoresponder series
- Types of softwares for setting up email campaigns
- A list of answers to the most common questions asked by Affilorama Premium members
There is a downside to Affilorama, which is the upselling, something I hate finding out when subscribing to memberships I’m already paying money for. Though what you will be learning in the premium membership should suffice, there are a number of softwares and resources that have been developed for Affilorama in order to make the affiliate marketing method easier. These are:
Affilo Blueprint 3.0 Membership $197 (60 day money-back guarantee)
The AffiloBlueprint program provides you with affiliate insider information and easy to follow video tutorials. They provide blueprints for building fast-earning affiliate websites. Inside this package you’ll find:
- AffiloTheme website builder
- How to set up a website
- 1 years free web hosting for 1 website
- How to attract visitors to your website
- How to find a profitable niche
- How to find products to promote
- More than 90 step-by-step video tutorials
- Access to a private forum
- Lifetime access
- 1-month trial of Affilorama Premium
Affilo Theme $97 (60 day money-back guarantee)
The AffiloTheme is a WordPress theme with video demonstrations of how to set it up. A bonus is that it comes with 1 year of free hosting but after one year you are encouraged to sign up to Affilorama Premium in order to carry on with the same hosting.
Included in the AffiloTheme:
- Affilotheme WordPress theme
- Training videos
- Landing page and opt-in form templates
- Private members only forum
- Graphics creation tool
- One year of hosting
Affilo Jetpack $997 (60 day money back-guarantee)
The AffiloJetPack gives you readymade material and a quick walkthrough to successful niche marketing. The package entitles you to choose 5 niches from 18 different options, all created by Mark Ling. The package provides you with a lot of quality information to use and sets every last thing up for you. The AffiloJetpack Membership provides you with:
- A choice of 5 Niche Packages (out of the 18 available)
- 90 Email Newsletter Series
- A website in a few clicks
- 12 months hosting
- A graphics tool
- 3 ebooks
- Affilotheme access
- 20 ‘cheat sheets’ of content research, ideas and the method of making a valuable article, plus bonus traffic generation strategies
The Pros vs. Cons of Affilorama
- Access to very helpful information sources and software applications.
- Can access basic information without any investment.
- Exclusive invitation to one of the largest affiliate marketing communities online
- Trusted source of information from the well known affiliate marketer Mark Ling.
- Never miss a trick, with all the information in one place you can be sure you’re doing it right.
- Little communication/help offered with Mark Ling, you are passed over to a support team.
- Limited free membership, to really make money with this you need premium
- Too much choice with memberships- makes picking a membership harder.
- The cost of the membership can build up when you opt into Affilorama’s upsells.
Affilorama is one of the most impressive affiliate training courses I’ve come across in terms of design and resources, but what makes them really stand out is how easy their tutorial and guides are to follow. The basic training will give you the fundamental methods for making money in affiliate marketing and grant you access to the supporting community. However there is a lot of information and vital tools which are witheld from the free membership and to be successful with affiliate marketing, accessing the premium membership information is essential. $67 per month for premium is quite expensive, but if you follow their instructions, you’ll soon be making that money back.